Conditions of Sales
Notice: The items listed in our catalog will be offered and sold by Quaker City Auctioneers, Inc. as agent for the Consignors with the following conditions. All bidders and consignors are urged to read and acknowledge these terms and agree to be bound thereby.
1. IDENTIFICATION – All purchasers are required to give his or her full name and address, contact phone number and email.
2. DEPOSIT – Each purchaser may be required to give a deposit in cash or by bank check for 25 % of the bid on each lot purchased. In default of such deposit, the lot may be resold immediately.
3. TIME OF PAYMENT – All bills must be paid in full within 24 hours of the sale conclusion.
4. REMOVAL – All purchases must be removed no later than auctioneer’s announced deadline. No lot can, on any account, be removed during the sale. Removal shall be at the expense, risk and liability of the purchaser. Purchases will be released only on presentation of paid bill. The auctioneer shall not be responsible for goods not removed within the time allowed, all will therefore have the option to remove and store at the expense and risk of the purchaser any article purchased, but not removed.
5. MANNER OF PAYMENT – All checks for deposits and balances due shall be payable to the order of Quaker City Auctioneers, Inc. All bills must be paid to representatives of the auctioneer at the sale site, unless otherwise announced. The full purchase price on all lots sold to the same buyer must be paid in cash or certified check within the announced time and before removal of any of the goods. A business check is accepted with a Bank Letter of Guarantee as is wiring funds. We do not accept credit cards. Upon the request of the buyer, PayPal invoices can be created including an additional 3% to cover fees.
6. CONDITION OF ARTICLES SOLD – The auctioneer shall not be responsible for the correct description, genuineness, authenticity of, or defect in any lot, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No sale will be set aside nor allowance made on account of any error in cataloguing, or any imperfection not specified. All goods will be sold as is, where is. No allowance will be made or sale nullified due to any error(s) found in the catalog.
7. CLAIMS – No claims will be allowed after removal of goods from premises.
8. RESPONSIBILITY FOR NON-DELIVERY – The auctioneer shall not, in any event, be liable for non-delivery or for any other matter or thing, to any purchaser of any lot, other than for the purchaser providing the deposit or sum paid on said lot, should the purchaser be entitled thereto.
9. COMPLIANCE WITH TERMS OF SALE – In default of payment of bills in full within the time therein specified, the auctioneer in addition to all other remedies allowed by law, may retain all monies received as deposit or otherwise, as liquidated damages. Lots not paid for and removed within the time allowed herein may be resold at public or private sale without further notice, and deficiency, together with all expenses and charges of re-sale, will be charged to the defaulting purchaser.
10. RISK TO PERSON AND PROPERTY – Persons attending during inspection, exhibition, sale or removal of goods assume all risks of damage of or loss to person and property and specifically release the auctioneer from liability. Neither the auctioneer nor his principal shall be liable by reason of any defect in or condition of the premises on which the sale is held. Any person(s) entering a sale premises understands and acknowledges the potential risks and dangers that a factory, plant or auction site may present.
11. ADDITION TO OR WITHDRAWAL FROM SALE– The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw from sale any of the property listed or to sell at this sale property not listed, and also reserves the right to sell similar consecutive lots in groupings.
12. SALE BY ESTIMATED WEIGHT, COUNT OR MEASURE – Where items are sold by estimated weight, count or measure. If upon removal from premises, any shortage exists, the purchaser will receive a refund at the rate of purchase. If there is an excess, the purchaser will be required to take and pay for such excess, at the rate of purchase.
13. DISPUTE BETWEEN BIDDERS – If any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the auctioneer may settle the issue or put the lot up for sale again at once and resell to the highest bidder. The auctioneer’s decision shall be final and absolute. The auctioneer may record and photograph the entire auction event, or a portion of, with the final sale being subject to the said recording.
14. RESERVE – Any auction is assumed to be with reserve unless stated otherwise.
15. RECORDS – The record of sale kept by the auctioneer and bookkeeper will be taken as final in the event of any dispute or misunderstanding.
16. AGENCY – The auctioneer is acting as agent only and is not responsible for the acts of its principals.
17. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS – The auctioneer may add other terms and conditions of sale with such additional terms and conditions to be announced prior to the auction. This may include the use of random auction photographs for the sole use of marketing and promotional efforts.